[Pythonmac-SIG] OmniGraffle and aeve problems

Daniel Lord wildpixel at mac.com
Wed Dec 3 10:01:36 EST 2003

Before I can join this discussion on OmniGraffle, I need a little help
I cannot even make aeve compile a module for OminGraffle and I have had
this problem with a few other apps as well.
What does one do in this case? Shouldn't all scriptable applications
have an 'AETE" resource. Why can't aeve find it then?

python ./aeve/compiler.py "/Applications/OmniGraffle/OmniGraffle.app"

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./aeve/compiler.py", line 104, in ?
     if __name__ == '__main__': main(*sys.argv)
   File "./aeve/compiler.py", line 94, in main
     module = generate(identifier, verbose=verbose, dump=dump)
   File "./aeve/compiler.py", line 61, in generate
     raise ValueError, "Can not find aete for file %r" % (identifier,)
ValueError: Can not find aete for file
'/Applications/OmniGraffle/OmniGraffle.app\n'

python ./compiler.py --dump  /Applications/OmniGraffle/OmniGraffle.app

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./compiler.py", line 104, in ?
     if __name__ == '__main__': main(*sys.argv)
   File "./compiler.py", line 94, in main
     module = generate(identifier, verbose=verbose, dump=dump)
   File "./compiler.py", line 61, in generate
     raise ValueError, "Can not find aete for file %r" % (identifier,)
ValueError: Can not find aete for file
'/Applications/OmniGraffle/OmniGraffle.app'

ls  /Applications/OmniGraffle/Omnigraffle.app

Contents

So it's there. So how did some of you get aeve to compile a module?