[Pythonmac-SIG] OmniGraffle and aeve problems

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Dec 3 10:54:02 EST 2003

On Dec 3, 2003, at 10:01 AM, Daniel Lord wrote:

> Before I can join this discussion on OmniGraffle, I need a little help
> I cannot even make aeve compile a module for OminGraffle and I have
> had this problem with a few other apps as well.
> What does one do in this case? Shouldn't all scriptable applications
> have an 'AETE" resource. Why can't aeve find it then?
>
> python ./aeve/compiler.py "/Applications/OmniGraffle/OmniGraffle.app"

Use pythonw, not python

Also, you don't need to compile a module, you can just use
omnigraffle = aeve.talkto('OmniGraffle')

from your script or the interactive prompt

In any case, aeve 0.0.4 and earlier is not well suited for "with
properties" interaction with applications.  You all can keep screwing
around with it if you like, but the next version of aeve is a big
cleanup/rewrite that can reasonably deal with this use case and should
fix a bunch of other problems.