[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: bundlebuilder.py not found

Barron Snyder barronsnyder at mac.com
Wed Dec 3 14:30:49 EST 2003

On Wednesday, December 3, 2003, at 12:49 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2003, at 1:39 PM, Barron Snyder wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry if the answer to this is somewhere in the list archives but
>> I couldn't find it.
>>
>> I'm using Python on OS X 10.3 and I've installed the MacPython 2.3
>> for Panther addons. Using the Package Manager, I installed PyObjC and
>> then tried the Currency Converter tutorial included in the PyObjC
>> documentation. At one point, bundlebuilder.py is called for but it
>> was never installed on my machine as part of the PyObjC download
>> within Package Manager.
>>
>> How do I get bundlebuilder.py?
>
> You already have it, you probably want to ln -s
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
> python2.3/plat-mac/bundlebuilder.py to somewhere in your PATH, like
> /usr/local/bin .. or make a shell alias
>
>> Can I get it through Package Manager?
>
> No, it came with Python 2.3, which came with OS X 10.3.
>
>> Any idea why it wasn't installed as part of the PyObjC package?
>
> It only gets installed by way of PyObjC if you are running Python 2.2
>
> -bob<smime.p7s>

Thanks for your quick reply!

bundlebuilder.py was exactly where you said it would be. For some
reason, it doesn't show up when doing a search from the Finder. (any
idea why that is?)

I thought that it was part of PyObjC because in the tutorial it states
to use the command:

$ python2.3 $PYLIB/plat-mac/PyObjC/bundlebuilder.py --link
--nib=MainMenu \
	--mainprogram=CurrencyConverter.py --resource=MainMenu.nib build

but I guess that is incorrect because bundlebuilder.py is not in the
PyObjC directory.

Thanks again for your help,
Barron