[Pythonmac-SIG] libxml2 on 10.3 (Panther)

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Thu Dec 4 05:56:28 EST 2003

On 4-dec-03, at 10:10, Paul Donovan wrote:

> Ah, that was it. I must have accidentally copied it over when I was
> rebuilding my Panther clean install with stuff from by 10.2 install.
> Thanks!
>
> How do I go about putting the finished module into the Package
> Manager? Is there any documentation on the procedure?

You ask me:-) Actually, you find a couple of people who are interested,
and ask me all together.

If the package is purely distutils based and the official source
tarball compiles and builds out of the box then just send me the URL.

If the package needs some additional stuff then you can speed things up
by providing me with a complete recipe of what to download, where to
put it and which commands to run.

With this specific package the question is what we want to do about OSX
10.2:
a) forget about it
b) support it only if a specific libxml2 (fink?) has already been
installed
c) go all the way, and create a libxml2 module with a statically linked
libxml2 inside it.

I'm tempted to go for (a), so shout if you really really want (b). (c)
I'll only do if someone else does the work.
Goldman