[Pythonmac-SIG] Panther build has locale problem on Jaguar

Bob Swerdlow rswerdlow at transpose.com
Thu Dec 4 09:08:05 EST 2003

I'm using bundlebuilder on a machine with Panther to create a standalone
python application.  When I run it on a Panther machine, it works fine.
However, if I try to run the application under Jaguar, I get this error:

dyld: /Applications/Goombah.app/Contents/MacOS/Goombah Undefined
symbols:Python undefined reference to _nl_langinfo expected to be defined in
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

The locale and _locale modules are included in the build - I assume that the
problem is that they load this _nl_langinfo file at runtime and it is not
there under Jaguar (or maybe it is on machines that don't have the
Development Tools).

Anyway, how do I fix this?  Are there other runtime-loaded libraries that
I'm likely to need as well?

Thanks,

Bob Swerdlow
COO