[Pythonmac-SIG] libxml2 on 10.3 (Panther)

Paul Donovan paul at donovansbrain.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 17:15:41 EST 2003

On 4 Dec 2003, at 22:01, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> Same results here (3 leaking tests, one skipped).  What about libxslt
> functionality?  Unless it's compiled as part of libxml, I think that
> it's missing, because I don't see any libxslt on my harddrive.  If
> it's going to go in Package Manager I think that it should also
> include the libxslt wrapper (with xslt linked statically).  Does
> anyone know what version of libxslt corresponds to libxml 2.5.4?

I think it's missing in Panther too.
http://www.zveno.com/open_source/libxml2xslt.html provides libxml2 and
libxslt seperately. He has libxml2 2.6.2 and libxslt 1.1.0, so there's
obviously no direct correlation in version numbers.

According to http://www.xmlsoft.org/news.html, libxml2 2.5.4 was
released on Feb 20th 2003. http://www.xmlsoft.org/XSLT/news.html puts
libxslt at 1.0.26 at that time.

I'm going to have a go at a) making the module again using the binary
of libxslt 1.1.0 and b) building libxslt 1.0.26 with the Project
Builder package from http://www.zveno.com/open_source/libxml2xslt.html

I've no idea how to test that the libxslt methods in the module are
working though...

Paul