[Pythonmac-SIG] Yet another problem with two Pythons on Panther

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sun Dec 7 17:19:40 EST 2003

On 7-dec-03, at 1:55, Stuart Bishop wrote:
> On 06/12/2003, at 1:05 AM, Jack Jansen wrote:
>
>> This could probably be fixed by adding a -F/System/Library/Frameworks
>> to the builds, but I don't think we can do this for the existing
>> 10.3/2.3 distribution. Or can someone think of a workaround?
>
> Add /Library/Python/2.3/sitecustomize.py:
>
> 	# Add a directory to the start of sys.path so we can override
> 	# modules shipped with OSX without actually modifying anything in
> 	# /System
> 	import sys
> 	if sys.version_info[:3] == (2, 3, 0):
> 		sys.path.insert(0, '/Library/Python/2.3.0-patches')

Good idea!!

Unfortunately, it won't fly:-(

Because what we need to edit is the Makefile in
$prefix/lib/python2.3/config: this is where distutils picks up the
configuration variables to use during build.

I am fixing things up for 2.4 right now, but I don't see yet how this
could be backported...
Goldman