[Pythonmac-SIG] Where is the full archive summary file?

Marlon A. Griffith marlong at rogers.com
Tue Dec 9 12:14:39 EST 2003

At 9:20 PM -0600 12/8/03, Steven Palm wrote:
>On Dec 8, 2003, at 9:08 PM, Marlon A. Griffith wrote:
>>	About 3 or 4 weeks ago, when I first looked at this list,
>>there was a master archive file in an email box format. I believe
>>it was .mbox. I can not find this file on the archives web page.
>>Can someone please point me to it.
>>
>>	Now, I want this file because I saw an thread about compiling
>>pyPgSql on Mac Os X. I would like to research the thread before
>>bringing any questions to the sig.
>
>  I found this via a google search. I hope it's the relevant link:
>
>  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig.mbox/pythonmac-sig.mbox
>
>-. ----. -.-- - -.--
>Steve Palm - n9yty at n9yty.com
>-. ----. -.-- - -.--
Thanks Steve, that was the file I was looking for.  8 - )

Summarizing for other newbies:
- going to this link displayed the entire mailbox in text format in
my browser window
- save the page through your browser
- open Apple's Mail email program
- Note: Eudora doesn't seem to know what to make of this file format
- select "Import Mailboxes" under the File menu
- choose "Standard mbox files"
- proceed through the dialog boxes to import
- after 5 or so minutes Mail will create an import area for the mailbox
- the imported mailbox will be listed there.

Performed using:
- MacOs 10.2.8
- Mozilla 1.5
- Mail 1.2.5
- Eudora 6.0.
--

Love and live well!
marlong at rogers.com
http://members.rogers.com/kalyxsis

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in
which you really stop and look fear in the face."  Eleanor Roosevelt
(1884-1962)

"Do not parrot the words of famous people. Learn the meaning of what they
say and repeat it in your own words."  Mark Twain (not an exact quote).