[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: Goombah for iTunes, a PyObjC app

Gary Robinson grobinson at transpose.com
Wed Dec 10 23:19:02 EST 2003

Thought the folks on this list, who have very patiently helped my partner
and I with our newbie questions, might like to see what it's all been about:
a Cocoa app written in Python that works with iTunes.

>From the press release:

"""
Goombah is a new beta-stage software product that interacts with Apple
iTunes Music Store on Mac OS X. Using distributed computing to analyze
iTunes music libraries, it finds each user's "nearest neighbors" in musical
taste. iTunes music libraries are revealed to neighbors, and used to
generate reliable music recommendations.  No music ratings are required;
it's based on each person's iTunes music-listening history.  Other included
functionality includes a music-oriented blogging service and various
utilities to help search for music on the Web.
"""

Press release here: http://www.transpose.com/pr_02_goombah.html

Get the app here: http://goombah.emergentmusic.com

Thanks! :)