[Pythonmac-SIG] Nuances of Bundle Builder when moving between versions of

Steven Palm n9yty at n9yty.com
Thu Dec 11 17:34:13 EST 2003

On Dec 11, 2003, at 3:19 PM, RANDY BURNS wrote:
> What are the nuances in packageing a wxPython program so it can run on
> the various versions of Darwin.
> I have an application that runs fine on Panther, but when I moved it
> to Jaguar, I got the following console error.

  I am seeing the same thing here, but I don't believe it is a
BundleBuilder problem, I believe it is more a problem with the
wxWindows / wxPython libraries which are linked against certain system
libraries depending on the machine they were built.

  I had the same problems trying to build a wxWindows program on Panther
and have it work in a backwards-compatible fashion. In that case, I
build it on Jaguar and found it would run on Panther as well.
Unfortunatley, the new G4 iBook I have came with Panther preinstalled
and won't even boot my old Jaguar system disk so I am at a standstill.

Steve Palm - n9yty at n9yty.com