[Pythonmac-SIG] buildapp --standalone not finding urllib2 at run time

Bob Swerdlow rswerdlow at transpose.com
Fri Dec 12 15:24:57 EST 2003

We build our application with this command line:
    python -OO
buildapp.py -v --standalone --strip --package=encodings --package=_strptime
--package=urllib2 build

We build on a Jaguar machine with MacPython 2.3 installed.

A user complained of an error and sent up this output:

"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/urllib2.py"
, line 505, in proxy_open
    TypeError: iterable argument required

I checked the output from the build and it includes:
    Adding Python module urllib2

I don't see urllib2 anywhere in the built application package.

So, does this error output mean that the urllib2 module is not in the build,
since it is reading from one in /Library instead of from our package?  How
do I ensure that it gets into the package?

Thanks!
Bob Swerdlow