[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: How easy to just replace Panther's Python?

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Thu Dec 18 17:56:54 EST 2003

In article <B706E16C-319C-11D8-9661-000A27B19B96 at cwi.nl>,
 Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl> wrote:

> I don't think I've ever heard reports of a Python micro
> release causing anyone any problems (except for the occasional
> situation where a release is pulled after a short while because of
> problems, as happened with 2.3.1).

Some of my code broke going from 2.2 to 2.3 when I last upgraded my OS,
but it would have broken just the same if I had gone to I think 2.2.2
instead (you may have seen some discussion on python-dev about the issue
a few weeks back: object.setattr(...) stopped working for certain
objects).

It was not hard to fix and I shouldn't have written it that way in the
first place, but never causing anyone any problems is an exaggeration.

--
David Eppstein                      http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/