[Pythonmac-SIG] Help files not installed

Russell E Owen owen at astro.washington.edu
Fri Dec 26 18:00:35 EST 2003

>On 26-dec-03, at 23:15, Russell E. Owen wrote:
>
>>I have a new Panther 10.3.2 installation.... I installed the
>>MacPython add-on... Everything went fine with one odd exception:
>>the...help files are not found by the Help Viewer...
>
>You must run the IDE at least once after installing the documentation
>to make it show up. Have you tried this?

I had not run the IDE (I don't normally use the it). I just tried
that and it worked exactly as you said it would.

Thank you very much!

-- Russell

P.S. I figured out two easy way to locate help docs. This is handy in
case you want to tell your normal web browser about them (though Help
Viewer is getting pretty good):
- Help Viewer has a "copy link to clipboard" contextual menu item
(just like a real browser): great if Help Viewer knows about the
files.
- FileBuddy can search in packages: great if you know what you are looking for.