[Pythonmac-SIG] Solution to broken MacPython install

Kevin Walzer kevin at wordtechweb.com
Sat Dec 27 15:17:50 EST 2003

I had some problems with my MacPython apps/packages after upgrading to
Panther--I didn't see the instructions to remove everything prior to
this. Also, deleting the MacPython after the fact didn't help either.
Everything was still broken. However, re-installing all of the
MacPython stuff that is compatible with 10.2 proved to be the solution.
I don't know if this will cause other problems down the road, but now I
can run wxPython, Pythonlauncher, and everything else that I ran
before; I'm willing to live with the extra overhead of two Python
installs. Doing a clean reinstall of Panther isn't really an option for
me at this point. Anyway, just wanted to share this as a solution for
anyone else in the same boat.
---

Kevin Walzer, Ph.D.
Editor
WordTech Communications -- A New Paradigm of Poetry
http://www.wordtechcommunications.com
http://www.smallbizmac.com
http://www.kevin-walzer.com
mailto:kevin at wordtechweb.com