[Pythonmac-SIG] installing 4suite

israel at uandmedance.com israel at uandmedance.com
Sun Dec 28 02:29:51 EST 2003

Hello all,

After not finding a 4suite xml package on the PackageManager db I
thought I'd try to install from source but I'm having trouble doing so.

I'm using Python 2.3 on Mac OS X 10.2.8 (the later fixed version of
that particular update)
I've just installed Pyxml and that went swimmingly. Now, when I try to
install 4Suite I get this error:

iz at theOverneath:4Suite>sudo python setup.py install
Password:
running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp
-mno-fused-madd -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes
-I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/include/python2.3
-c Ft/Server/Server/src/process.c -o
build/temp.darwin-6.8-Power_Macintosh-2.3/Ft.Server.Server._processc/
Ft/Server/Server/src/process.o
gcc -Wl,-x -Wl,-F. -bundle -framework Python -flat_namespace
build/temp.darwin-6.8-Power_Macintosh-2.3/Ft.Server.Server._processc/
Ft/Server/Server/src/process.o -o
build/lib.darwin-6.8-Power_Macintosh-2.3/Ft/Server/Server/_processc.so
ld: Undefined symbols:
_environ

The first time I ran this, the messages were much longer and, I think,
were related to the compilation of the various modules.

I've been reading the 4suite site and I've missed any mention of
problems installing onto mac os x. Would any of you possibly have a
clue as to what my problem might be?

Thank you for any assistance.

~Israel~