[Pythonmac-SIG] building extensions for 2.3 (darwin build), and UUID generation

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Dec 31 14:08:47 EST 2003

Nicholas Riley wrote:
> You can also try using distutils, it does a reasonable (though not
> perfect) job.

What does it do imperfectly?

By the way: through all these messages, I still havn't figured out why
the OP hasn't just used distutils. It is VERY,VERY easy. (note that I
havn't done it with Panther yet, but with 2.3 on Jaguar, I've always
been able to simply:

./setup.py build

with a setup.py I wrote on Linux, and writing the setup.py was EASY.
Take a look at:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/ext/building.html

It should take you about 10 minutes to get your extension setup and built.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov