[Pythonmac-SIG] updating command line python

bbum@mac.com bbum@mac.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 14:49:18 -0500

Yes, friday.com's primary hard drive melted down.  Literally.  The
drive head touched down and wore a groove into the platter that was
quite impressive.   Of course, it was a sub-$1000 trash PC that was
over 5 years old -- 24/7 for five years was about 10x the MTBF for that
box.

In any case, I dropped readline and pyssl modules for Apple's python
here:

     http://pyobjc.sourceforge.net/software/

I have heard rumors that readline no longer builds on December Dev
tools equipped 10.2 boxes -- but it still builds on my box which may
simply be fallout from using a system that has been upgraded through
every previous version of the dev tools.

If anyone encounters a problem, please let me know and I'll figure out
some kind of a workaround.

b.bum