[Pythonmac-SIG] So confused! MacPython-OSX 2.3a1, 2.4?

Kurt Marek kmarek@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 07:58:34 -0800

I was excited to see mentioned on Jack's page that there was a
MacPython-OSX 2.3a1 that includes basically everything (IDE, etc).
Unfortunately, there is no link or instructions for installing it. I
downloaded the OS9 version and it says to download the OSX version from
source and use frameworks, but that is a little over my head without
some elaboration on instructions. I then found on this list a mention
of a binary on the sourceforge pages. Unfortunately, I found no binary
for MacPython-OSX 2.3a1. Instead I found lots of 2.4 stuff including
wxPython. I have no idea what that is. I'm assuming that these are the
developmental branches.

Can someone please help me out with how to proceed? I've been waiting
for an OSX version of Python with an IDE that also works with the
command line. I'm just getting started and it has been quite
frustrating wading through all of these different versions without a
clue where to start.

thanks,
Kurt