[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: ok how about some book suggestions

Chris Barker Chris.Barker@noaa.gov
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:11:48 -0800

Jeff Harmon wrote:
> > I want to do database work, a little crypto for the math, general
> > internet programing. Are there any books that would fulfill my needs?

For internet programming, Steve Holden's "Python Web Programming" is
excellent.

For leaning Python, "Learning Python" from O'Reilly is a good one (in
addition to all the stuff on the web)

"Python Essential Reference, David Beazley, New Riders, ISBN:
0-7357-1091-0".

I agree on tnis one. It is excellent, but it really is a reference, not
a tutorial, If you are new to Python, you will need at least something
to get up to speed, the "official" tutorial on the python.org site at
the very least.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov