[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Development Matrix (or "sometimes there's just too many choices...")

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 05:05:44 -0500

On Thursday, Feb 20, 2003, at 02:37 America/New_York, David Eppstein
wrote:

> In article <3F5AF0BE-445A-11D7-8027-000393A96660@noaa.gov>,
>  "Chris Barker" <Chris.Barker@noaa.gov> wrote:
>
>> And the count should drop a lot more as things settle down. As I
>> understand it, when Python 2.3 is out, we should have ONE python for
>> OS-X that can do it all: unix scripting, Carbon development, cocoa
>> development, etc.
>
> Well, except that if you want to do standalone application development
> without bundling python itself as part of your app, you seem to be
> stuck
> with the python 2.2 version that apple included with 10.2...

Which you have to execve(...) anyways if you're going to make any use
of it for GUI applications, since it's not supplied as a dylib or
framework.

-bob