[Pythonmac-SIG] sanity checks: building MacOS X app

John Speno macpython@lopan.dccs.upenn.edu
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:53:26 -0500

Dear MacPythonistas:

I'm about to try bundling up my own python application for MacOS X 10.2.
I'd like a little sanity check before I start.

My question is: Is this going to work?

I want to distribute this as a single application bundle (MyApp.app). I
need Tkinter, so I know I'll need to have the TCL and Tk frameworks in my
application. Of course it needs Python too. In addition, I need a version
of the cyrus-sasl library compiled differently than the one that Apple
includes with the OS.

So, here's what I imagine it looking like:

MyApp.app/
    Info.plist
    MacOS/
        MyApp   - sh wrapper to launch ../Resources/myapp/myapp.py
        python  -> ../Frameworks/Python.framework/.../python
    Frameworks/
        TCL.framework/
        Tk.framework/
        Python.framework/