[Pythonmac-SIG] Build question: PythonCarbonCore and SSL

Kenneth M. Gunn kgunn@wgen.net
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:43:56 -0500

I am wondering if anyone has experience building PythonCarbonCore with =
SSL support.  (Unlike the PC, which has the socket module in a separate =
library, MacPython builds the socket module right into the main =
library.)  I've had a bear of a time getting it all to just compile, let =
alone link and work.

It appears that the Mac section of OpenSSL (v0.9.6h is the version I've =
been working with) hasn't received much love in a while.  The project =
file refers to source files that ceased to exist a few versions ago, and =
the platform-specific defines don't always address the Mac.  Particular =
areas which are tricky include functions that want to use terminal I/O, =
which naturally doesn't make to much sense on the (non-OSX) Mac.

The libraries I've been using are MacPython-2.2.1, OpenSSL-0.9.6h, and =
the modified GUSI2 library available from the MacPython website.

I would do this all with MachO or Unix, which people seem to have =
experience and luck with, but I am in the land of education where MacOS =
preX is going strong, and probably will be for quite some time.

Any guidance or comments are welcome.  Thanks.

-k