[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.1 dies when Executing Zope z2.py

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 23:43:45 +0100

On zondag, jan 5, 2003, at 09:38 Europe/Amsterdam, Robert Rogers wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to get Zope up on my 'Mac os X' client. Unfortunately, I
>> can't tell if the problem lies with my python 2.1 build.
>>
>> Specifically, when I run the start script, which is basically 'python
>> z2.py', python dies after generating this error message:
>>
>> dyld: /usr/local/bin/python.exe Undefined symbols:
>> _PyType_IsSubtype
>> Trace/BPT trap

[...]
>> warning: install: modules installed to
>> '/usr/local/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/', which is not in Python's
>> module search path (sys.path) -- you'll have to change the search
>> path yourself

I think you are using two different version of Python: the Python 2.1
you installed yourself into /usr/local/bin and the Apple-supplied
Python 2.2 in /usr/bin/python. My guess is that you have used
/usr/bin/python to build Zope and are now using /usr/local/bin/python
to run it.

You must use the exact same python to do the build as you will use to
run Zope (because the ABI that the Python core presents to extension
modules may change between releases).
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -