[Pythonmac-SIG] Replacing macfs.StandardGetFile and friends.

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:38:33 +0100

On donderdag, jan 16, 2003, at 10:09 Europe/Amsterdam, Just van Rossum
wrote:

> Alexandre Parenteau wrote:
>
>> I'd love to be able to filter based on the FSRef or FSSpec.
>
> Or even a plain posix path...

How would you like this filtering to be done? I know navservices has
various filtering abilities (even down to giving all the filenames to
user code) but what would you like?

>> Using the
>> typeList only is less useful, especially on OSX where it is not so
>> widely used.
>
> Yep.

Agreed, but I want to keep that for backward compatibility.

>>> I was thinking of raising an exception if the user cancels, maybe
>>> KeyboardInterrupt? Is this a good idea, or should I stick with the
>>
>> Raising... I don't know... Don't like that too much for user
>> cancellation...
>
> Me neither, I don't like that at all... Returning None is the way to
> go.

Sounds good to me.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -