[Pythonmac-SIG] getting 2.3 working with Tkinter

Robin Dunn robin@alldunn.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:29:16 -0800

Tom wrote:
> I'm trying to get 2.3 and tkinter working (now that a binary showed up
> on sourceforge).
>
> Installed TclTkAquaBI8.4.1
>
> Trying to work through all the unix stuff to get this working.
>
> get this:
> [Toms-Computer:/usr/local/bin] tom% pythonw /Volumes/80\ Gig\
> Stuff/Download_IE/leo-3.10/leo.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Volumes/80 Gig Stuff/Download_IE/leo-3.10/leo.py", line 35, in  ?
>     from leoGlobals import *
>   File "/Volumes/80 Gig Stuff/Download_IE/leo-3.10/leoGlobals.py", line
> 8, in ?
>     import exceptions,os,re,string,sys,time,types,Tkinter
>   File
> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/lib-
> tk/Tkinter.py", line 38, in ?
>     import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured
> for Tk
> ImportError: No module named _tkinter

If you're talking about my MacPython binary (in the wxPython files area
at SF) then it's simply because I don't have TclTk installed and so when
I built Python it skipped the _tkinter module.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman