[Pythonmac-SIG] New MacPython-OSX 2.3a1 binary

Tony Lownds tony@lownds.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:42:34 -0800

>Kevin Altis reported that he is not able to install this binary
>because it is preventing him from putting it on his only disk.  I
>added a RootVolumeOnly directive to the package info file since
>somebody mentioned troubles putting it on other volumes.  It works
>fine for me, my second cvolume is diabled and I am only able to
>unstall on the root.
>
>Does anybody else see this problem?  Does anybody know a way to fix
>it besides removing the RootVolumeOnly?

Yes, I am seeing this as well. I only have one volume (its a laptop
with one disk). I tried with two versions of the installer tool
(1.3.1 and 1.3.2), it did not make a difference.

The error occurs on the select destination step; if I go back and
then continue again, the error is gone and I can continue installing.

By the way, thank you for including Tkinter!!

-Tony