[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only - MacPython 2.3b2 installer available

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jul 2 11:44:34 EDT 2003

    Jack> Please give it a try and let me know whether it works. If it does
    Jack> then I'll advertise this more widely tomorrow.

It installed okay for me (Powerbook, OSX 10.26).  At first I thought it
created two folders inside Applications, Python and MacPython-2.3.  I must
have been dreaming though.  What is the PackageManager for?  Double-clicking
it does nothing.

The Extras/ReadMe file says:

    ... or while double-clicking the script, if PythonLauncher is set as the
    default application to open Python scripts with

I can't seem to make PythonLauncher the default application for Python
scripts.  How do I do that?

The sense of the hover string in the "Enable TAB consistency checking" in
the PythonLauncher preferences seems reversed.  I think it should read
"Complain about mixing of tabs and spaces".

Skip