[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: For your eyes only - MacPython 2.3b2 installer available

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Wed Jul 2 12:22:48 EDT 2003

In article <5D7A0A4A-AC9E-11D7-95CA-0030655234CE at cwi.nl>,
 Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl> wrote:

> Folks,
> a 2.3b2 installer for MacPython (the OSX version, currently for 10.2
> only)
> is available at
> <http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/MacPython-OSX-2.3b2-1.dmg>.
>
> Please give it a try and let me know whether it works. If it does then
> I'll advertise
> this more widely tomorrow.
> --
> Jack Jansen, <Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl>, http://www.cwi.nl/~jack
> If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution -- Emma
> Goldman

Two questions:
- How much should I uninstall first to really give it a good workout?
Obvious options include:
- /Library/Frameworks/Python
- /Library/Frameworks/Tcl and Tk
- /usr/local/what?

- Will the package manager do a full installation of Tkinter, or do I
have to install Tk and Tcl myself? (For 2.3b1 tcl and tk were in the
"hidden" list, but I'd already installed them so I never tested if it
could install them for me).

-- Russell