[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.3 on OS X with readline

Mark Rowe bdash at gmx.net
Wed Jul 16 20:44:05 EDT 2003

Hi,

I make a habit of running a CVS version of Python for testing purposes.
  Recently I noticed that readline support has stopped functioning in my
compiled versions.  A little digging has shown that the readline module
is being compiled and installed, and that the interpreter is importing
it on startup.  The problem appears to be that the readline module
(Modules/readline.c) is using its own local copy of the
PyOS_ReadlineFunctionPointer variable instead of the one defined in
Parser/myreadline.c .  I am unsure what has caused this to happen.

Any advice on solving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark Rowe