[Pythonmac-SIG] MySQLdb module installation, no lib?

Calvin calvin at xmission.com
Tue Jul 22 00:03:12 EDT 2003

okay, verify that /usr/local/mysql exists (ls /usr/local)

then you'll want to modify the setup.py in the MySQLdb directory that you
installed.  Here are the instructions from my install_procedure notes

modify setup.py:
include_dirs = [
    '/usr/local/mysql/include'
    ]
library_dirs = [
    '/usr/local/mysql/lib'
    ]

also:

elif sys.platform[:6] == "darwin": # Mac OS X
    include_dirs.append('/usr/local/mysql/include')
    library_dirs.append('/usr/local/mysql/lib')

here are the basic instructions:
	$ tar xfz MySQL-python-0.9.2.tar.gz
	$ cd MySQL-python-0.9.2
	--modify setup.py as above--
	$ python setup.py build
	$ su
	$ python setup.py install

I keep these notes running every time a do an install, and I keep getting
better at including stuff and making them readable...mostly because I have
forgotten the exact things i did the last time i did a new system install.
You can find my notes here:
<http://www.thearthole.net/Install_Procedure.txt>

They include notes on installing pil, mysqldb, setting up apache to use
python and other little bits I have to do every time I lose a disk or a
clean install.  some are copied from documentation, some is
my own stuff, and some is emails from Bob Ippolito.  There is a simple cgi
included that tests that cgi works too.

any questions let me know.

-calvin