[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.3 PythonLauncher

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Wed Jul 23 12:02:03 EDT 2003

I did a fresh install on a new box and it looks like PythonLauncher is set
to use /usr/local/bin/pythonw for .py and .pyw files by default which is
good. However, it is also set to launch scripts in a Terminal window which
doesn't seem to make much sense to me. If you are a programmer and need to
see debug output it will be in the Console or you can just run from the
Terminal and avoid PythonLauncher.

I'm assuming PythonLauncher still needs to be used from the Finder because
otherwise there is no way to get multiple Python scripts running?

I don't have Panther so another thing I'm wondering about is whether python
will be put in /usr/local/bin or /usr/bin in which case the default path for
PythonLauncher might need to be changed.

ka