[Pythonmac-SIG] readline2.3b1 install fails on Python2.3rc1+8 using package manager

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Wed Jul 23 23:40:13 EDT 2003

On woensdag, jul 23, 2003, at 17:26 Europe/Amsterdam, Joshua Tompkins
wrote:

> Forgive me if this is a stupid question, I'm still pretty new to
> Python (and very new to Python on the Mac).  I report it only because
> Jack said to report anything that might be out of the ordinary on the
> new build, and because I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something
> dumb that I'm doing wrong.
>
> The readline2.3b1-binary module is on the Experimental modules list on
> the Python.org homepage.  When I try and install this module using the
> 2.3rc1+8 build, installation fails

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers:-) Seriously: thanks
for the report! In this specific case I already knew about the problem
(the "experimental" database is currently nothing more than the entries
in database used for 2.3b1 that I didn't get around to testing yet).
But: I'd rather get 10 reports for things I already know than miss one
for something I don't yet know.

I will try to get most items from the experimental database into the
real one over the next 2 or 3 days.
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com>
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -