[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only: new 2.3rc1+ installer

Alexandre Parenteau aparente at adobe.com
Wed Jul 23 19:36:14 EDT 2003

Hi,

urllib2 doesn't automatically detect the http proxy, I don't think. I don't
know what Jack was referring to.

May be try to add these lines in PackageManager.py after you see where
urllib2 is imported:

# build a new opener that adds proxy authentication
proxy_support = urllib2.ProxyHandler({"http" : "http://http-proxy:8080"})
opener = urllib2.build_opener(proxy_support)
# install it
urllib2.install_opener(opener)

That would be a nice option to add though.

alex.