[Pythonmac-SIG] For your eyes only: new 2.3rc1+ installer

Ronald Oussoren oussoren at cistron.nl
Thu Jul 24 08:42:04 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, 23 July, 2003, at 23:55, Jack Jansen wrote:
> It must be something in the buildpkg.py module that is simply wrong.
> The code was originally donated by Dinu Gherman for 10.1 (or maybe
> even 10.0), who reverse-engineered the package format while writing
> it.

The package structure for 10.2 is documented, and that documentation
seems to mention how to structure 10.1 packages as well. That should
make item 2 below slightly easier.

BTW. the copy of buildpkg.py in PyObjC contains some changes that have
not been merged back into your copy. IIRC all changes had to do with
10.2 style pre/post scripts, but I may have forgotten about other
changes.

Ronald