[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: PyOXIDE 0.1 - Cocoa based Python IDE

Glenn Andreas gandreas at delver.com
Thu Jul 24 18:44:42 EDT 2003

Ever wanted a Python editor chocked full of Cocoa goodness?  Syntax
coloring, split windows, and large chunks of it written in Python
(thanks to the wonders of PyObjC) so you can extend it for your
special needs?

PyOXIDE 0.1 is now freely available on my idisk (as PyOXIDE_0.1.dmg):
	http://homepage.mac.com/gandreas/

It currently is an editor, with additional interactive windows, as
well as the ability to run source files, browse around, etc...  In
many respects, it is like the Carbon based IDE that comes with
MacPython (though I've yet to get all those features).

Note that it might require the Python 2.2 framework and PyObjC 1.0b1
(at least those are the versions that work fine on my end - in
theory, as long as there is something at
/Library/Framework/Python.framework and it can run the PyObjC
samples, it should work).

Give a try, see how it works, and let me know what you think!
Glenn Andreas                      gandreas at delver.com
Author of Macintosh games: Theldrow 2.3, Blobbo 1.0.2, Cythera 1.0.2
Be good, and you will be lonesome