[Pythonmac-SIG] First stab at new MacPython website

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Sat Jul 26 01:16:33 EDT 2003

On vrijdag, jul 25, 2003, at 23:50 Europe/Amsterdam, Nicholas Riley
wrote:

> A somewhat related question - why is MacPython not hosted on
> python.org?  It does make it seem a bit like the neglected stepchild
> to have it off on its own site when the Windows/Unix Python versions
> are directly there.  (Even though using Python on the Mac has been
> easier and more fun in the past year than I can ever
> remember before... thanks everyone!)

The main reason is that I find www.python.org as it is currently
organized *far*
to daunting for beginning users, and difficult to navigate for
power-users. So what
I would like to do (with your help!) is organize things on the
MacPython website so
that both beginners and advanced users are comfortable.

But: I'm now using the same tools (ht2html) and structure as
www.python.org, and
it should be possible to fold the Mac stuff into the main website in
the future.
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com>
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -