[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython logo

Glenn Andreas gandreas at delver.com
Fri Jul 25 18:45:35 EDT 2003

>Let's please take the logo discussion to a different thread, so it
>doesn't overwhelm
>the rest of the website discussion.
>
>On vrijdag, jul 25, 2003, at 23:45 Europe/Amsterdam, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>>I don't think that strange typography ( re: http://www.python.org/
>>) would work, what would you suggest as an alternative?  What's
>>wrong with the snake?  Windows has the snake, pygame has a snake :)
>
>The strange typography has one showstopper problem for me: you can't
>use it for the program
>icon. We need something that can be used on the website, the program
>icon and all sorts
>of related icons (documents, helper apps) and probably more
>eventually (installer backdrop,
>etc).
>
>*If* we go for something snake-y I insist it be an "Apple Snake",
>i.e. something that
>looks like a real snake, or real snakeskin, or some such. The
>4-color Windows snake is
>simply too ugly for words.

If you like the icon I used in my recent release of PyOXIDE, I'd be
willing to donate the basic image to the cause (I've got her in a
stand alone version without the staggered documents underneath -
http://gandreas.dsl.visi.com:8000/IndyIcon.tif - note that the
"black" is just the way that quicktime renders the transparent part
of the tiff).

I've also got a couple of other poses of her, or I could see if she'd
be willing to try to curl around a real apple (but being a snake, she
isn't the most cooperative for staged poses).

And she is a real python, too..

Glenn Andreas                      gandreas at delver.com
Author of Macintosh games: Theldrow 2.3, Blobbo 1.0.2, Cythera 1.0.2
Be good, and you will be lonesome