[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython logo

Glenn Andreas gandreas at delver.com
Fri Jul 25 19:40:46 EDT 2003

At 1:06 AM +0200 7/26/03, Jack Jansen wrote:
>On zaterdag, jul 26, 2003, at 00:30 Europe/Amsterdam, Glenn Andreas wrote:
>>If you like the icon I used in my recent release of PyOXIDE, I'd be
>>willing to donate the basic image to the cause (I've got her in a
>>stand alone version without the staggered documents underneath -
>>http://gandreas.dsl.visi.com:8000/IndyIcon.tif - note that the
>>"black" is just the way that quicktime renders the transparent part
>>of the tiff).
>
>This is a *really* nice one! One minor nit: the lighting is
>incorrect for Aqua, but as I get the impression that you have access
>to the actual snake this sounds fixable, right?

Well, that more up to her, of course (she tends to have three mood -
"shy/sluggish/curled up", "active/exporing/doesn't sit still", and
"hungry" - the third is the most uncooperative)

>Either the snake curled up as she is now, or wrapped around an
>apple, or eating an apple, or whatever, wold work for me. It would
>have to remain square-ish, though.
>
>Hmm, if you indeed have the actual snake it could solve the homepage
>problem too: get a different picture of the same snake, which is
>more horizontally oriented.

As just a quick test, I took another photo I had which is from a
different angle (and thus hopefully more correct shadow), though she
is pointing away, but it takes up a bit less room on the image,
making it potentially easier to combine with other elements.  Since
it was a quick preview, it doesn't have transparency either (and
needs a bit of retouching)

http://gandreas.dsl.visi.com:8000/IndyIcon2.tif

The first reduces halfways OK down to 32x32, though this one get a
bit muddier...

If you need larger images for the website, let me know the dimension
and I'll see what I can do (assuming, of course, people actually like
the "photo-realistic" version)

Glenn Andreas                      gandreas at delver.com
Author of Macintosh games: Theldrow 2.3, Blobbo 1.0.2, Cythera 1.0.2
Be good, and you will be lonesome