[Pythonmac-SIG] Python site

Chris chris at grabil.ca
Sat Jul 26 11:13:39 EDT 2003

I think the snake thing is too intrenched. It has nothing
to do with the original Python which as you know refers to
Monty Python's Flying Circus.

According to The BCC the program was to be called "Flying
Circus"  (AKA the Red Baron) but it didn't seen to stick.
While in production somebody came up with the term " Monty
Python's Flying Circus" and the rest is history.

As the BBC says:

"But as planning for the series became more confused, the
BBC management began to refer to the team as a 'flying
circus' - inspired by the Red Baron's World War One fighter
squadron.
With the addition of the random moniker Monty Python, the
name gained general approval. "
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/1999/10/99/monty_python/455585.stm

So we have a scripting language called Python and we are
stuck with the snake.  I kinda wish it had been called
"nudge, nudge, wink, wink" or SPAM,SPAM,SPAMMedy,SPAM or
the "Dead Parrot".

Let me have a look at it. I have 30 years of graphics
experience and love to do AQUA in Photoshop!

Still need your ideas though...

Chris Dwyer