[Pythonmac-SIG] logo

Kevin Ollivier kevino at tulane.edu
Sat Jul 26 12:04:29 EDT 2003

On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 10:55  AM, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Jan> 1. The real snake is too life-like for an icon.
>
> I didn't see the snake.  When I visited (what I think was) the
> proposed logo
> all I saw was a little sphere.  Can someone who still has the URL
> point me
> at it?

I saw a little ball too, at first, when I viewed it with Safari.
Viewing it in another browser resolved the issue for me.

>     Jan> 2. How about the Crushing Foot. Or some flying circus tents.
>     Jan>    Or a spam can.
>
> Isn't the 16-ton weight a Monty Python reference?  Sorry, I guess I'm
> not as
> much of a Monty Python fan as I ought to be.  That was so many years
> ago. ;-)

Yes, it is. I believe it was a running joke in one of the episodes,
they kept dropping a 16-ton weight on people who went on and on about
things. I can't remember which episode though. ;-)

Kevin