[Pythonmac-SIG] Python site

Eric Nieuwland eric.nieuwland at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 27 23:41:36 EDT 2003

Chris,

On zaterdag, jul 26, 2003, at 16:13 Europe/Amsterdam, Chris wrote:

> I think the snake thing is too intrenched. It has nothing
> to do with the original Python which as you know refers to
> Monty Python's Flying Circus.
>
> [...]
>
> So we have a scripting language called Python and we are
> stuck with the snake.  I kinda wish it had been called
> "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" or SPAM,SPAM,SPAMMedy,SPAM or
> the "Dead Parrot".

This last suggestion has its own problems ;-)

> Let me have a look at it. I have 30 years of graphics
> experience and love to do AQUA in Photoshop!
>
> Still need your ideas though...

Accepting that we're stuck with the reptile why not have a serpent
encircle an apple thus forming the letter 'P'? Of course, the snake
should stare at you as it tries to lure you into trying the apple...
<WARNING kind='ASCII art attempt' >
     ______
    /  ___  \
    | |*A*| |