[Pythonmac-SIG] Icon

Lance E Sloan lsloan-000002 at umich.edu
Tue Jul 29 12:30:34 EDT 2003

--On Monday, July 28, 2003 11:23 -0500 Glenn Andreas <gandreas at delver.com>
wrote:
> My photo-based icon obviously needs some work to get to that level (since
> the "illustration" style is amost, but not quite, photo realistic, most
> noticably, the lighting is _much_ more diffused, the image is simplified
> if possible, and the number of distinct colors is reduced (with tint and
> other variations of those colors being used instead)).

I like the idea of using a photorealistic python for the icon, too.  The
only problem I had with Glenn's example,
<URL:http://gandreas.dsl.visi.com:8000/IndyIcon.tif>, is that on my
PowerBook it looks like a blob, depending on what angle I view it from.  If
a photorealistic python icon had the snake in an extended position rather
than coiled up, I would like it a lot more.  Of course, I guess maybe
coiled is a more natural position for a python rather than standing like a
cobra.

If I were artistic, I would try to contribute an icon to this discussion. I
will just have to settle for looking at others' contributions.  (Will we
get to vote on them?)

I did a Google search for "python" then clicked on the "Images" tab and
found lots of images, maybe some of which could be used to make a good
icon.  I'm partial to the bright green variety.

--
Lance E Sloan
U-M WATS: Web Applications, Technologies, and Solutions