[Pythonmac-SIG] Packmanager (appleDevTools)

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Jul 29 15:32:15 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Jul 29, 2003, at 13:51 America/New_York, Israel C. Evans
wrote:

> I've been trying to install PyObjC through the package manager and at
> the end I'm told that the AppleDevTools need to be installed manually.
> Does this refer to the Apple Developer tools from the extra developer
> tools cd that came with macOSX 10.2 or to something else?
>
> I have installed the the developer tools, but am I missing something
> here?

The test for Developer Tools is: if not os.access("/Developer/Tools",
0): raise NotInstalled

Have you renamed or deleted something?  Are you using a non-english
version of OS X that happens to call /Developer something else?  Did
you screw with the permissions?  Did you somehow install it to
somewhere other than the boot volume?