[Pythonmac-SIG] FAQ item

Ronald Oussoren oussoren at cistron.nl
Tue Jul 29 23:35:25 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, 29 July, 2003, at 22:14, Glenn Andreas wrote:

>> Something I want even more (and which is
>> even more work) is a dead simple dialog/window creation tool, similar
>> what RealBasic (or, long ago, Hypercard) gives you. It should create
>> perfectly
>> normal nib files, and perfectly normal PyObjC code, so that it gives
>> an easy
>> learning curve from beginner to advanced.
>
> The biggest problem I see right there is that there is no documented
> way to create nib files except to use IB.

I've no idea if this is documented anywhere, but it is "common"
knowlegde that nib files are archived Objective-C object graphs. The
connections (outlets/actions) are the hard part, there are classes for
these but no documentation on how to use the. Pretty printing a NIB
should do wonders (and is left as an exercise for the reader).

Ronald