[Pythonmac-SIG] PackMan

Ronald Oussoren oussoren at cistron.nl
Wed Jul 30 00:09:37 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, 29 July, 2003, at 22:49, Jack Jansen wrote:

> On dinsdag, jul 29, 2003, at 22:36 Europe/Amsterdam, Kevin Ollivier
> wrote:
>> Jack and all, if I agreed to rebuild PM this weekend in wxPython (and
>> it works ^_-), would you be open to using that as a starting point
>> for future development?
>
> I would very much like it if you redid PackMan in wxPython, and it
> should be easy, see my other mail on the subject. It will, of course,
> turn out not to be easy because I overlooked various things, but then
> we'll fix those [*].
>
> I will not promise not to do a Cocoa version, though.

If you don't do a Cocoa version I might do it. Most cross-platform
libraries seem to require endless tweaking to get the look and feel
right. It is very hard to avoid ending up with a program that feels
like the orginal platform on all platforms. And don't get me started on
the wx table view, that's very ugly on MacOS X.

Ronald