[Pythonmac-SIG] Stand-alone Mac OS X application

no no 336699 at emailaccount.com
Mon Jun 2 17:18:45 EDT 2003

I don't have (direct, easy) access to a Mac but I want the Python app I'm building to run as smoothly as possible on Mac OS X.  Preferably, users would not need to know anything about Python, Tkinter, et al; everything should "just work".  To that end, I'm hoping that I can distribute my application as a bundle that can be run like any other OS X app, with the native Aqua UI and everything.  From the scraps and pieces I've read this seems reasonable, but I'm still not sure.

The following post was made some time ago and I'm assuming it applied only to what is now Classic.  Is this still true today for OS X?

Jack Jansen jack at oratrix.nl
Sat, 03 Jun 2000 00:47:57 +0200