[Pythonmac-SIG] Re:Retroactively adding readline support to OS X

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Jun 26 19:57:55 EDT 2003

Apparently someone screwed up and made *something* dependent on fink
that shouldn't be.  I'm not sure if this was because you have fink
installed, or because whoever compiled your Python  did.

I don't have fink installed for exactly this sort of reason, and I
compiled my own Python from CVS, so I don't know exactly what happened
for you.  In any case, I've modified my readline hack to explicitly
link to the static libreadline.a rather than letting the compiler
decide.. so if you were having problems, download it now and give it a
try.

-bob