[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: installing libxml2-python-2.5.4

Joel Rodrigues borgempath@Phreaker.net
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 00:54:02 +0530

> I downloaded the foll. :
>
> libxml2-2.5.4
> libxslt-1.0.27
> libxml2-python-2.5.4
>
> Built & installed libxml2-2.5.4 & libxslt-1.0.27 using
> './configure', 'make', 'make check', 'sudo make install'.
>
> So how do I build & install libxml2-python-2.5.4 ?
>
> 'sudo python setup.py build install' does not work.

These instructions from xmlsoft.org do not work , well, they're
also hard to decipher.

"... use the libxml2-python module distribution corresponding to
your installed version of libxml2 and libxslt. Note that to
install it you will need both libxml2 and libxslt installed and
run "python setup.py build install" in the module tree.

Ok, I seem to have succeeded. I don't quite know how or why, as
I did the same earlier several times but with many errors.

I ran 'python setup.py build install' in the
'libxml2-python-2.5.4' directory after moving 'drv_libxml2.py'
into it from the libxml2-2.5.4 python build directory.

- Joel