[Pythonmac-SIG] installing libxml2-python-2.5.4

Stuart Bishop zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:38:16 +1100

On Sunday, March 2, 2003, at 10:11  PM, Joel Rodrigues wrote:

> I downloaded the foll. :
>
> libxml2-2.5.4
> libxslt-1.0.27
> libxml2-python-2.5.4
>
> Built & installed libxml2-2.5.4 & libxslt-1.0.27 using './configure',
> 'make', 'make check', 'sudo make install'.
>
> So how do I build & install libxml2-python-2.5.4 ?
>
> 'sudo python setup.py build install' does not work.

And the output would be helpful.

> No luck finding instructions anywhere (not any of any use anyway,
> especially not in the docs). Was it too much trouble to add a small
> not about how to install it in the README, one wonders.

Worked for me after altering both the includes_dir and libdirs lists.
The docs and setup.py doesn't mention you may need to update libdirs.

--
Stuart Bishop <zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au>
http://shangri-la.dropbear.id.au/