[Pythonmac-SIG] More proofreading - MacPython Help

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:51:40 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Jack Jansen wrote:

> Folks, more proofreading to be done: I've finished a first draft of what
> is going to be the "MacPython Help" in the 2.3 installer. If you can
> spare half an hour please read it at
> <http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython_help/>. Don't hesitate to comment on
> anything (my ego is small, especially wrt. writing documentation, and my
> skin is thick too:-): text, layout, organization, whether anything
> essential is missing, etc etc etc.
>
> The quick IDE tour is now integrated into this set of pages.

Hi Jack,

It looks great!  I like your screenshots a lot.

I've noticed that the 'IDE Toying page' is slightly shorter because it
doesn't mention how to open a source file; is this something that we can
assume is already known to the user?

Also, on the last line:

    The File->Save as Applet menu command saves your script...

got me slightly confused for a moment; I was parsing it as:

    The "File->Save as" Applet menu command saves your script...

I read it that way because "Save As" is very common in Mac applications,
but "Save as Applet" is less so.

Would it be possible to reword this as:

    The Application Saver (File->Save as Applet) menu command saves your
    script...

This fits in more closely with the style of the description of the module
browser.  Alternatively, distinguishing the menu commands typographically
would be another way to avoid potential confusion.